Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Donna Readman Artist].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because: You are only processing personal data for the core business purposes. You, therefore, do not have to register with the ICO..
- We process your information in the following ways:
To process orders through our online shop
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain affiliate links on some pages. These are typically served through Amazon Affiliates, Jacksons Art. We only use trusted advertising partners who each have high standards of user privacy and security.
Clicking on affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website below. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases, we earn a very small commission from the affiliate, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small files containing a short string of numbers and letters placed automatically by a website into the cookie folder in your browser. Cookies are generally used to make a website easier and faster to use. The cookie recognises that a device is or has accessed the website and acts accordingly, (depending on what the cookie is designed to do). Mostly cookies perform mundane, but necessary tasks.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
This website uses strictly necessary, performance or functionality cookies that are exempt from consent according to the EU advisory body on data protection. See EU legislation on cookies (on the European Commission website).
Cookies on this website are used as follows:
- To identify your unique session on the website.
- To ensure that you are recognised when you move from page to page within the site.
- To ensure that any information you have entered is remembered.
- To indicate a logged in user.
- To allow visitors to share our website content on social media and with friends.
- To store remember items in your basket if you purchase artwork from our online store.
- To customize a user’s view of the admin interface, and possibly also the main site interface.
- To analyse how visitors use our website so that we can continually improve it by adding more information and services and making it easier to navigate and use.
- To check whether a user’s web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.
- To track activities for website security and spam protection.
This website does not use targeting cookies or advertising cookies.
3. No personal information in cookies
None of the cookies we use contain or pass personal, confidential, financial information or any other information that could be used to identify individual visitors to the website.
4. Refusing cookies
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
The following websites provide advice on how to set your browsers to control (delete or block) cookies: